Read the “Widget Company Performance Report” document, provided with this Assessment. Imagine that you are the manager of the production department at the Widget Company and you have been asked to explain the variances found in a performance report, propose possible causes, and make suggestions for how the variances can be remedied. Using the information provided in the Widget Company Performance Report, prepare a memo to your boss that explains the possible causes of the variances in the performance report, and suggest how the company can remedy them.
1. What is the definition of and the core meaning of research literacy as it relates to counseling psychology?
2. What specific methods would you utilize in beginning your review of the literature within counseling research? Discuss the steps and rationale for conducting a review of the literature. Include specific examples related to the methods and steps for conducting a review of the counseling literature in your response.
3. Read “Self-Maintenance Therapy in Alzheimer’s Disease,” located in the reading materials.
What were the variables under investigation by this study? What methods were used to obtain the study’s sample? What specific measurements were used to assess or analyze the study’s variables? Discuss any potential methodological problems in this study. Include specific examples in your response.
4. How would you define Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)? Discuss the inherent strengths and limitations of EBP. Be sure to include your comments regarding what is meant by “validity of treatments.”
5. Watch the Objectivity and subjectivity in social research video. What are the issues of objectivity and subjectivity as they relate to methodological issues in conducting counseling research?
6. What makes a counseling treatment empirically supported and validated? Include the description of at least two empirically supported and validated treatments from the course textbook and readings in your response. Include the mental health conditions that are treated by the empirically supported and validated treatments identified.