Prepare a Public Engagement Action Plan
prepare a Public Engagement Plan. The plan should address how you will conduct outreach to the marginalized communities impacted by this proposal. Consider that language might be a barrier. Consider that standard open houses may not yield good attendance. How will you make sure these voices are heard and considered in the City Council’s decision?
Please include the following considerations. You do not need to answer every point but I will be looking at these considerations to understand your Plan.
- What is the overall objective? What do you hope to gain or learn by the effort?
- Is this effort to Inform or to Seek Input? Why or why not?
- What communities will you engage? How will you make them aware of the Project proposal?
- How will you conduct the engagement? Provide specifics. Consider the how of your Plan? What tools? How will you spread the word?
- How will you handle opposition?
- How will you ensure robust participation?