Using the same research article that was used for the assignment “Critiquing Research Part l”, use the questions below to write a critique of your research article. Answer all questions that apply to the quantitative and/or qualitative study that you selected. Include a title page and article citation (APA format) on the title page. Please save the research article that was critiqued in a .pdf and attach the article with the paper. Points will be deducted if the article is not submitted with the critique.
Critiquing Research Part II
IV. Research Design
- Is the research quantitative or qualitative?
- If quantitative is it experimental or non-experimental?
- If it is a mixed-method design, did this approach enhance the study?
- Is the design appropriate to answer the questions indicated by the problem and/or hypotheses?
- Is the target population identified? Are eligibility criteria specified?
- What type of sampling plan was used? What are key characteristics of the sample?
- Is the setting appropriate for the study?
V. Data Collection
- Is informed consent utilized?
- Who collected the data?
- How were data collected? (survey, interview, etc.)
- Are the measurement instruments or tools clearly described?
- What statistical tests were utilized?
- Is reliability (consistence) and validity (accuracy and precision of measurement instruments) addressed?
VI. Interpretation, Discussion and Clinical Application
- Are all of the important results discussed?
- State author’s conclusion and recommendations.
- What are the author’s implications for practice?
- Identify 3 researchable questions for further study.
- State if and when/where you would put the research findings into practice.