05731 Topic: Windshield Survey /Community assessment
Number of Pages: 2 (Double Spaced)
Number of sources: 5
Writing Style: APA
Type of document: Research Paper
Academic Level:High School
Language Style: English (U.S.)
Order Instructions: Attached
Each student will conduct a Windshield Survey/Community Assessment in an area assigned by instructor (Jacksonville Florida zip code 32211). Students should observe indicators of overall community health (e.g. people, recreation, health care clinics, playgrounds, grocery, and general infrastructure).
Directions: Review the residential and industrial areas of your assigned community and observe the indicators of its over all health (e.g. people, recreation, health care agencies, playgrounds, grocery stores, drug stores, police stations, and general infrastructure). Be aware of your surroundings and use caution when driving through unfamiliar streets. Use the table in Chapter 12, Table 12-3 to guide your observations. Part A: After the assessment, describe your initial conclusions about the community by developing a chart listing the categories (elements) and your observations (descriptions). This should be completed in column format. This paper should include a summary of your findings, community strengths and weaknesses, and identified problem/issue/topic. Following APA format, use the subheadings listed below and include an Introduction as well as a Conclusion.
* Summary of Findings: Summarize items listed in Checklist for a Community Assessment. By using various resources, (eg. census, FL.gov. crime rate as well as:http://www.coj.net/categories/ or http://jaxusa.org/region/duval-county/ or http://duval.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/environmental-health/index.html, please describe the Community. Include the following:
access to primary care
police and/or fire stations
may address other areas of importance
* Community Strengths: Summarize positive areas in the community.
* Community Needs: Summarize areas of weakness.
* Problem, Issue, or Topic: Identify a problem/issue/topic that should be addressed in this community.
* Should be written using APA format with at least 5 current references