Emergency Plan for the Older Adult (OA)
Based on what you have learned so far in this course, create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least two (2) sources throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Locate the American Red Cross in your area: http://www.redcross.org/ or in person
- Identify what is necessary for emergency supplies to have on hand for a healthy older adult (OA).
- Visit with an older family member or friend to identify specific needs for this older adult (reasonable for this person).
- Assist the OA in creating their Personal Emergency Plan
- Why is this important for OA singles or couples who live independently without services?
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Objective Slide (1 slide)
- Necessary Emergency Supplies for OA (1 -2 slides)
- OA Personal Emergency Plan (1-2 slides)
- Importance for Independent OAs (1 slide)
- References (1 slide)
Length: 6-8 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format.
Speaker Notes not required
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example RHall Assignment 1.docx)