Using your Immunity to Change Map, you will construct a development plan for successfully managing a personal change in the workplace. For example, you may be thinking about becoming more planful or reflective by reserving some time each week just to think. Consider what is keeping you from implementing this change; What are the barriers present in the organization that inhibit you from making the change, and what are the competing priorities?
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Assess the complex and dynamic nature of organizational change.
- Analyze ways in which leaders and managers can effectively initiate, shape, and support organizational change.
- Communicate effectively in a professional manner.
If you have not already done so, complete the Immunity to Change Map. Use the Capella University Library to find one other resource that addresses committing to and implementing a personal change in the workplace.
Using the questions and steps outlined in “The Real Reason People Won’t Change,” by Kegan and Lahy, the principles discussed in the Kegan video in the studies, and the Immunity to Change Map linked in the Resources, construct a map for a personal change you want to commit to. Provide a narrative that includes the background and assumptions on the need and drivers for change and include the following:
- Describe the personal change to target, competing commitments, and big assumptions.
- Develop a plan for successfully managing the selected change. Be as specific as you can in how you might work on meeting the goals of your plan.
- Analyze the drivers for change and anticipated outcomes of successfully implementing the development plan.
Your development plan should be written coherently to support a central idea. Use appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
- References: In addition to the Kegan and Lahy article, support your analysis with at least one other academic resource from the Capella University Library. You must use proper APA style to list your references.
- Length: 3â€“4 pages, not including the references list and your Immunity to Change Map.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
- Formatting: Use APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no extra line spaces before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the assignment scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment before submission.