Week 5 Assignment
As you have progressed through this course, you have learned the importance of developing your scholarly voice, you have learned about critical thinking, you have practiced paraphrasing, and you are beginning to understand the importance of crediting the sources of ideas and of presenting the literature in your own words. You are still at the early stages of mastering these many skills. Luckily, Walden provides resources and tools to help you along the way.
For this Assignment, you will familiarize yourself with a tool that can aid you in avoiding plagiarism: Turnitin.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review the web page “How to Read a Turnitin Report” in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Locate the Turnitin report from your Week 2 Assignment.
- Review the Similarity Index and the Match Overview.
- Review the matches in detail.
The Assignment (1–2 pages):
Describe the Turnitin report for your Assignment from Week 2:
- Provide the Similarity Index.
- List the source that constitutes the highest match with your written work.
- Explain why a high Similarity Index might not necessarily indicate plagiarism and why a low Similarity Index does not necessarily indicate a lack of plagiarism.
- Based on the review by Turnitin, what changes would you make to your paper?
- Explain how you would use Turnitin in the future to minimize issues with plagiarism.
- American Psychological Association. (2010b). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- 1.10. “Plagiarism and Self-Plagiarism” (pp. 15–16)
- These pages discuss plagiarism and self-plagiarism.
- This web page covers topics related to plagiarism.
- (2015b). ASC TurnItIn: Reading the Turnitin originality report.
- This document reviews the Turnitin Originality Report and points out important areas in the document to examine.
- Document: Study Notes: Introduction to Scholarly Writing: Plagiarism and Academic Integrity (PDF)
- These Study Notes will help reinforce the information presented in the media program and enrich your understanding of plagiarism and academic integrity
visual :https://youtu.be/3Dv1obPGYuAherine likes to include quotes from famous psychologists in her writing assignments. She does not use quotation marks, but Catherine makes sure to include the citation immediately following each quote.
- Choose one of the scenarios for your Discussion.visual :https://youtu.be/3Dv1obPGYuA