This quiz will check your understanding of this week’s material. Although the quiz is open-book, you are encouraged to study as if it were a closed-book exam because the time for each quiz is intentionally limited.
· There are five multiple-choice questions drawn at random from a question bank.
· The quiz is open-book; however, you are encouraged to study and prepare thoroughly.
1. The blind spot in our visual field is created by _______ at the _______.
|A.||A lack of photoreceptors; Optic disc|
|B.||Densely packed cones; Lens|
|C.||Thicker photoreceptors; Optic nerve|
|D.||Fewer rods than cones; Fovea|
1. The process that enhances the boundaries of visual objects is called:
|A.||Spatial frequency filtration|
1. Which structure is not part of the vestibular system?
1. Which sequence represents the route by which visual information is transmitted?
|A.||Optic tract > optic nerve > optic radiations|
|B.||Optic nerve > optic tract > optic radiations|
|C.||Optic radiations > optic nerve > optic tract|
|D.||Optic nerve > optic radiations > optic tract|
1. Outputs from the olfactory bulb do not make synaptic connections to the: