Course Project Task 4
Note: This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
The Week 4 installment of the final project will continue to evaluate the Alibaba organization introduced in Week 3.
Considering the course material presented in the course readings and discussion for the week, select two of the more prominent cooperative linkages that Alibaba has made. Make sure that there are meaningful differences between the two different alliances or joint ventures you have selected.
Begin your paper by summarizing key details about Alibaba’s two alliances or joint ventures that you are using for your paper.
Next, for each alliance or joint venture:
- Assess the type of business-level or corporate-level cooperative strategy the organization is following.
- Evaluate how the cooperative strategy enhances the competitiveness and performance of the organization relative to what could be done without the cooperative agreement.
- Evaluate the risks that arise from this alliance or joint venture.
Finally, summarize two or three important take-aways from your research into Alibaba’s alliances. In essence, what did you learn and what strategic development and implementation lessons might you apply?
- Present your analysis as a 3–4-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.
- Name your document MBA6999_W4_LastName_FirstInitial.doc