You have found an opening for your dream job in human services. For the application, you are asked to write a formal paper discussing the social problem that you are passionate about and conduct research on that topic. You must also show that you understand the roles, responsibilities, and functions/activities of this position, and be able to relate them to the social problem you identified.
For this assignment, please respond to the following:
- Identify a social problem you are passionate about and one that is related to your concentration area, either Family and Community Services, or Organizations and Social Services. (½ page minimum)
- Describe the purpose and history of major policies related to this social problem.
- For example, describe the significant policy or policies of child welfare, the main purpose of child welfare policy, and the key historical events or influential individuals. (1 page minimum)
- Research and briefly explain a human services job title/position in your intended career path. You may refer to the human service roles in Chapter 2 or the supplemental career resources in this unit to assist you in researching your career interests. (½ page minimum)
- Explain the specific roles, responsibilities, and functions/activities of this identified position, including advocating for social change and leadership in diverse practice settings. (½ page minimum)
- Explain how these roles and functions as an advocate and leader help to alleviate the identified social problem you explored in the first part of this assignment. (½ page minimum)
Your Assignment should be a 3-4 page expository essay, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human service theories.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of three scholarly, academic sources, with one of these references being the textbook.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Writing Center.
This Assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
HN501-1: Explain the organization roles and functions of a human service professional as advocates for change and leaders in diverse practice settings.
Submitting Your Assignment
Save your file in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit, select the Unit 2 Assignment Dropbox and upload your file. To view your graded work after your instructor has evaluated it, please visit your Gradebook.