- Your software company was invited to provide a proposal for a company in Australia. You currently have the cost in US dollars and need to convert the prices to the Australian dollar.
Write a 2-part program using Ruby, Java®, or Python.
Part 1: Write a function to gather the following costs from the user:
- Travel Cost: $9,800
- Hotel Cost: $3,500
- Rental Car Cost: $1,600
- Labor Cost: $15,500
- Part 2: Write a function to convert the costs from United States dollar (USD) to Australian dollar (AUD). Note: Look up the current USD to AUD exchange rate to use in your function.
Test the program 3 times by providing different costs in USD.
Provide the code and take a screenshot of the output, then paste the screenshot(s) into a Microsoft® Word document.
Write a half-page response in the same Microsoft® Word document to address the following:
- Provide a manual for the user explaining how to use the program.
- Explain what type of user input validations you should have. What happens if the user enters a negative number? What happens if the user puts a $ in the input?
- Review the readings for this week from Ruby on Rails Tutorial or the Pluralsight videos if you have additional questions on deploying Ruby applications.