you may visit a museum either in person or “virtually” through their website. Any museum that includes American history after 1877 will suffice.
Some possible museums include (but are not limited to):
- Houston Heritage Society (http://www.heritagesociety.org/ (Links to an external site.))
- Sam Houston Museum (http://samhoustonmemorialmuseum.com/ (Links to an external site.))
- Bullock Texas History Museum (http://www.thestoryoftexas.com/visit (Links to an external site.))
- Smithsonian (http://www.si.edu/Exhibitions/Search/Virtual (Links to an external site.))
Visit the museum of your choice. Choose three artifacts. For each, answer the following questions (a sentence or two per question):
- What – is the artefact?
- Why – does this interest you?
- Where – was it found/does it tell a story about?
- When – is it from?
- How – does it enhance your understanding of what we discussed in class?