Using what was covered in the lectures, write a program in R to collect data via webscraping.
The website the data is collected from must allow webscraping. There are numerous websites that offer directions on how to webscrape. Have you visited any of these sources? How many mention legality?
After scraping data from a site write a research paper to describe:
- The data collected, how you chose this data and how legality was confirmed
- What issues you may have ran into in the data collection
- How you may use webscraping in a practical setting, such as research or for an employer
- Discuss the legality of webscraping outside the scope of this data, what problems can webscraping cause?
The following documents should be submitted for full credit:
- The research paper
- The .r file with your webscraping code