Check Your Understanding (40%): Approx. 400 words
1. Distinguish between thin and thick consent.
2. You have just been issued a new company blackberry. Are you now obligated to answer work related calls and emails at any time, day or night? Why or why not?
3. Would you use that new Blackberry for personal calls and emails? Why or why not?
4. Discuss the ethical ramifications of recent technological advances.
Exercises (20%) – approx. 350 words
1. Visit the Web site for the LRN corporation at www.lrn.com and answer the following questions:
a. What does the LRN corporation do?
b. What are the five core values of the LRN culture?
c. What is the stated purpose of the LRN-RAND Center for Corporate Ethics, Law and Governance?
Case Study (40%) Approx. 500 words
(Must have the book yourself!) Newton,Englehardt, Prichard (2012). Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Business Ethics and Society, 12th/E. McGraw-Hill ISBN: 9780073527352
Review issues 11, 16, and 19 from Taking Sides. Choose one issue to respond to. Which viewpoint do you side with? Why? Explain. Reference at least two outside resources that further support the viewpoint you side with.