The purpose of this assignment is to develop in the student an ability to
- Analyze the material learned
- Support the analysis with evidence of wider reading
- Apply the learning in the proper context
- Present with the abilities of a project manager
- Determine suitable project selection methods
- Comprehend the skills required of project managers
- Develop academic and professional writing skills
There are two sections to this assignment.
Analysis of Project Selection Methods
This module covers different approaches to project selection (such as payback analysis or using a weighted scoring model). Analyze at least five different ways of project selection. Present the advantages and disadvantages of each method. Explain how you used a selection approach to choose your term project.
Reflection on Skills Required of Project Managers
This module explains that the project manager is essential for successful completion of a project. The ability to manage the project deliverables, budget, resources, and the project team is necessary. A project manager needs to know what it takes to be a good project manager. Analyze your strengths and explain how you are suitable to be a project manager for the term project you have selected. Additionally, identify what may be your weaknesses as a project manager and how you can improve or manage them.
Length and Formatting Requirements
Adopt the following presentation style unless a template is provided for your work:
- Compose your work using Microsoft Word.
- Each section must be at least 300 words (about a page) long (600 words/two pages in total).
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font and double-spacing.
- Organize your writing in sections with section headings.
- Format section headings using Microsoft Word’s “Heading” functions.
- Support the write-up with at least five additional sources as references.
- Insert cover page and reference pages(s).
- Cite and list references in correct APA style.
- Check your work to correct any spelling or grammatical errors.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. F