- Whose view was that the Cosmos was based on the belief that every occurrence in the physical universe had logos behind it and that is where life originated?
- Who was not an early Athens reformer during the Archaic period?
- Democracy became a reality with the reforms of Cleisthenes (507BC), who sharply curtailed the influence of the four aristocratic tribes who had long dominated ___________ politics.
- The apex in all the arts for the Greek civilization came to its apex during the high classical period especially during which Age.
Age of the priest
Age of Pericles
Age of Aristotle
Age of Plato
- The first Greek code of laws. Though very severe did offer a single standard of justice for all people.
Hammurabi law code
Athenian law code
Draconian law code
Grecian law code
- As we have studied the Greek Heritage, what dates could you give the Classical Period in Greek history.
- Homer composed the Iliad between what years?
- A Wealthy-German merchant turned archaeologist discovered Troy in Northern Turkey.
- When was Neo-classical architecture brought to America?
- The Mycenae had developed a metal craftsmanship called ___________ , the hammering of metals into representational form.
- The worship of Olympian gods was a complex and fascinating religion. According to the Rawls textbook, at its most straightforward the religion used mythical gods and goddesses to explain what?
None of these listed
Powers that the king should have
- What types of columns decorated the front of the Supreme Court?
- What do Historians sometimes use to refer to the great leap that propelled Western culture forward?
Miracle of Greece
Western great turnaround
Socratic method of logic
- This archaeological monument is from the citadel of the kings from ancient Mycenae.
The Dreaded Minotaur
- This is the name given to the civilization disseminated throughout the Mediterranean and the Near East in the wake of Alexander’s conquests.
- Archaic Greek sculpture of a standing, clothes maiden figure.
- Which style of art do we associate with the Archaic Period of Greece?
Venus of Willendorf
- Greece is surrounded by four seas. Which of these is not one of them?
- During the Archaic Period the Greeks enlarged their economy and gained leisure time for other pursuits: gymnastics, education, philosophic-scientific investigation, discussions in the ___________.
Local bath house
- Who said “Justice in the life and conduct of the state is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of its citizens.”
- Sparta was able to rival Athens in cultural and intellectual achievements.
- The Indo-European tribe is believed to have lived about 3000 years ago in the area of Central Asia.
- Greece refused to absorb any of the cultural heritage from the Egyptians or the Mesopotamians.
- The Greeks tired of the Persian’s attitude and attacked the Persian Empire’s Mainland in 490BC.
- Ancient Greek culture is generally dynamic, while ancient Egyptian culture is generally static.
- The Greeks were not known for being very idealistic or pragmatic.
- The Parthenon is built during the 2nd century
- Individualistic to the extreme, the Greeks had no organized religion and, consequently, no hierarchy of priests.
- Judaism is the only civilization that had its roots based on the Logocentricity of life?
- The story of the Odyssey read by generations of people is a very accurate history of the Greeks.