The purpose of this assignment is to learn about a potential career path in the sports business industry by networking with and interviewing an industry professional. As you ask questions, record the interviewee’s responses. Answers (outside of name, job title, and time working with an organization) should be at least two to three sentences in length. If your interviewee delivers a terse reply, kindly ask the individual to elaborate.Select five questions from the provided list and develop 10 additional questions of your own to ask your contact during the interview about their job duties, experience, and responsibilities. Consider what questions you might already have about the individual’s position, and what information or advice would be helpful to you in your job search.
- What is your job title?
- How long have you been working in your current position?
- What skills, abilities, and personal attributes have helped you to succeed in this role?
- What kind of education, training, or background did you have previously that gave you experience for this position?
- Who is the primary target market that you serve in your position?
- What are some of the biggest rewards and challenges you face on a day-to-day basis?
- To what degree do you collaborate with others in your organization, and what is your interaction with professionals in other sectors of the sports business industry?
- Describe a typical “day in the life” for you in the workplace.
- What is your favorite thing about your job? What is your least favorite thing about your job?
- What advice do you have for someone who is new to the industry and considering a job in this field?
Write a brief response (approximately 500 words) summarizing what you learned about the individual, the individual’s career path, the current position the individual holds, the duties of the position, and how that position fits into the global sport ecosystem.Submit a document containing the 15 questions you asked your sports business contact, the accompanying answers, and your summary response.