Analyze the health policy process, from need identification to policy implementation and modification
All assignments must target the content application while using two variables: the job choice and the case assigned by the faulty (refer to the Announcement for the case)
Develop a 750-1000 word Briefing statement providing the information about the managerial situation that provides background information on the case.
In your narrative, you will need to include the following:
· A brief description of the severity of the managerial issue.
· What is the impact and scope of the situation?
· At least two (healthcare) related unique characteristics of this case.
· What would you group need to know about the situation from the perspective of your role?
· A description of minimum two policies, laws, and/or regulations as well as the government agencies responsible for the governance and enforcement of the identified managerial issue (may not be directly Healthcare related but applicable to the healthcare organization). Make sure to provide the full name and main points applicable to your job role in this managerial issue.
***For example, an administrative officer (fire in the hospital) case. Regulation: Statutory and regulatory citations for HOSPITALS —section 1861(e)(9) of the Social Security Act and 42 CFR 482.1 through 482.66.
Offer a short discussion about the policy/law/regulation relevancy to this case.
· State how your job role is involved in containing/managing the situation (list minimum of two specific tasks).
· Identify minimum two stakeholders your job role will be involved in dealing with this emergency. Explain how and why this relationship is important.
The briefing paper should be formatted according to APA style requirements and include a minimum of two UMGC library, classroom reading resources or other credible resources.
Understand the term definitions: severity, impact, scope, policy, law, regulation, stakeholder, a managerial issue, other.
Learn how to write Briefing papers. A Briefing statement, in this case, should not be longer than 750-1,000 words.
1, 2, 3 are pertinent to the case but not your specific job. 4 and 5 are case and job specific
MY ROLE IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER OF THE GROUP!!!!
You are part of a senior leadership group which operates a large Regional Health System in the United States.
Through a review of the literature, legislation, recent consumer research, and also speaking with colleagues, you have noticed that larger health systems are offering direct-to-consumer telehealth services through virtual care portals. These portals treat patients for urgent care type conditions and some offer a connection to local providers. Your competitor has just signed a contract to launch a new virtual portal called “Express Care”. Because your facility does not have a virtual care option in place, many potential referrals (and revenue) are being routed to your competitor’s virtual care tool which uses providers who are located out-of-state.