The use of case study analysis gives you an opportunity to see project management in action. Case study analysis takes abstract methodologies and puts them into practice. In this assignment, you will analyze the case study that will be used for your final project: a program performance report.
Before you begin your case study analysis, review the Final Project Guidelines and Rubric to gain an understanding of what is expected of you as you work toward your final goal in this course. Post any questions you have to the General Questions discussion topic.
Then, read the case study Value-Driven Project and Portfolio Management in the Pharmaceutical Industry. You will be working with this case study throughout the course, so take the time to familiarize yourself with it. Focus on the important facts and key issues. Use the following guiding questions to focus your reading and assist in writing your overview:
- What is/are the defining objective(s) identified in the case study?
- What are the differences and similarities and the advantages and disadvantages of managing at the project, portfolio, and program levels?
- Who is the target stakeholder group that would benefit from understanding the portfolio management process?
- How does corporate strategy align with the project portfolio in the case study?
- What role does the project manager play in this case study?
Write a concise three- to five-paragraph overview of the case study addressing the previous questions and summarizing your final thoughts on the case study presented.