Instructions: APA format, no plagiarism
1 paragraph for each questions only
1. In your own words, describe the primary difference between consequentialist and non-consequentialist approaches to ethics.
Choose one of the major theories associated with consequentialism: what objections might be made to this theory?
Choose one of the major theories associated with non-consequentialism: what objections might be made to this theory?
2. in your own words, describe the difference between euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide.
Select an argument for or against either euthanasia or physician-assisted suicide. How would you defend your argument?
3. Choose and describe a scientific technique or practice related to genetics and eugenics. Provide the rationale behind the use of this technique or practice.
Discuss your thoughts and ideas regarding the technique or practice. Is it ever justifiable? Why or why not?
4. Discuss a specific research study involving animals that had ethical issues.
What were the ethical issues involved?
What could have been done to conduct the research study differently to avoid these ethical issues?
5. Is abortion morally wrong? Should abortion be illegal?
6. Does a person in need of an organ transplant have a moral right to obtain that transplant, supposing the availability of the needed organ?
How should we choose who gets a transplant, supposing that there are not enough organs for all who need them?
7. How do you define privacy?
Do you believe privacy is a moral right? Why or why not?
Are there any cases in which public health policy justifies the violation of the right to privacy?
8. Is access to health care a moral right?
Why or why not?
9. Discuss what you feel are the potential benefits of stem cell research for Alzheimer’s patients and their families.