Organizations typically offer many different types of learning activities designed to appeal to the wide variety of employees who may have a preferred style of learning. Reflecting on your experience with an organization in which you have worked, describe how you were trained to perform the function you perform currently or in a previous role. Indicate what you believe to be effective training strategies and those that did not help you learn your role well. Make suggestions about how improvements could be added to future training for employees in the same situation.
Write a 2–3-page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe a training event in which you were a participant.
- Point out the less effective parts of the training.
- Describe the effective parts of the training.
- Identify at least one different activity you would have included in the training event and how it would improve the effectiveness of the event.
- Use at least two quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.