- OverviewWeekly Topics Include:
– Information security is the protection of information and systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or disruption.
– Businesses should adopt an Information Security Policy as a measure to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of institutional data as well as any information systems that store, process or transmit data.
– This week we will cover the importance of developing an Information Systems Policy and the Information Security Principles of Success.
- Required VideosAttached Files:
- Information Security Essentials.mp4 (8.41 MB)
- You will find a video lecture for this week’s content in this folder. Click on the file above to view the video.
- Required ReadingsAttached Files:
- merkow_ppt_02 f.ppt (354.5 KB)This week we will explore the 12 basic principles of information security. You will be exposed to the importance of taking a principles-based approach to risk management, as well as the primary goals of information security. In addition, this lecture will help you to understand the problems we are facing in the realm of information security management.
If you were asked by your employer to develop a new Information Security Policy, where would you turn to find resources to build this policy? List the two most important items you would include in this new policy and explain why you felt these were most important.