Beginning of Life
In many ways, this is the most important section, as much of what we think about medicine and human beings flows from our considerations on this issue. This section must include the following:
1. A statement on the moral status of the unborn: person, organism, or unknown. Include your overall view of fetal development in relation to the moral status of the unborn.
2. What does it mean to be human person? What are the necessary conditions that makes one a person?
3. Your general view on the moral permissibility of abortion.
4. Any justifiable exceptions to item 3 above, with reasons for exceptions.
5. Your view on imperiled newborns and infanticide: Is it ever justifiable? When and for what reasons.