Read the end-of-chapter application case “Coors Improves Beer Flavors with Neural Networks” at the end of Chapter 6 in our textbook, and respond to the following questions.
- Why is beer flavor important to Coors’ profitability?
- What is the objective of the neural network used at Coors?
- Why were the results of Coors’ neural network initially poor, and what was done to improve the results?
- What benefits might Coors derive if this project is successful?
- What modifications would you make to improve the results of beer flavor prediction?