For this Course Project, you will complete the following:
Section 1: You will demonstrate how you will apply your philosophy of education and practice through a district newsletter presentation.
Section 2: You will outline a proposed research study. You will only outline the elements of the study. You are not to conduct any actual research for this response.
Section 3: A 2- to 3-paragraph reflective conclusion
Section 4: APA-formatted Reference Page. Cite all scholarly resources used to complete MA 5. All references, unless seminal, should be from the past 5 years.
Course Project Directions
Include the following:
- Title Page: Assessment of Disposition and Content Knowledge (title page does not count toward the number of total pages required for the Course Project)
- Body (10–15 pages total, excluding title and reference pages):
- Section 1: District Newsletter Presentation: Philosophy of Education and Practice (2–3 pages)
- Section 2: Content Study (7–10 pages)
- Section 3: Write a 2- to 3-paragraph reflective summary regarding how your philosophy of education influenced you to select your possible study topic and how this process may influence your future practice.
- Section 4: APA-Formatted Reference Page. Cite all scholarly resources used to complete MA 5. All references, unless seminal, should be from the past 5 years.
Section 1: Theoretical Framework of Educational Philosophy
For Part A of Section 1: You have just been hired by a new school district as the Director of Special Education. The principal has asked you to outline your philosophy of education for the school newsletter. The newsletter is read by all teachers, staff, district leadership, parents, and guardians in the district. Complete a 2- to 3-page newsletter presentation that addresses your philosophy of education. All four categories (i.e., Professional Conduct, Professional Qualities, Communication, and Collaboration) of Walden’s dispositions must be infused into your philosophy of education presentation. Besides addressing each of the four categories, you should also address each of the following key questions.
- Why are dispositions important to developing and sustaining a philosophy of education? Use theory and research to make your case.
- What are your dispositions, and how are they evident in your philosophy of education?
- In what way will your philosophy impact future activities that will promote social change in the district?
- In what way will your philosophy impact future research activities that you may wish to pursue in the district to promote the best possible education for all students. (Note: In Section 2, you will outline a study about a topic of interest. Feel free to mention this topic in your response to this question.)
Section 2: In Section 2, you will apply your content knowledge and philosophy of education to create an outline for a proposed study that you would like to conduct at some point in the future.
You will include the following elements:
Provide a 1- to 2-paragraph statement that is the result of a review of research findings and current practice and that contains the following information:
- A logical argument for the need to address an identified gap in practice. The problem must be clearly identified and supported by current literature.
- Preliminary evidence that provides justification that this problem is meaningful to the field of SPED. Provide three to five key citations that highlight the relevance and currency of the problem.
Present a concise, 1-paragraph statement on the overall purpose or intention of the study, which serves as the connection between the problem being addressed and the focus of the study.
Provide 1 or 2 paragraphs, informed by the topic in the problem statement, that describe the following:
- How this study will contribute to filling the gap in practice identified in the problem statement: What original contribution will this study make in the local setting?
- How this research will support professional education practice or allow practical application at the local site: Who benefits from your findings/project deliverable and how? How might the potential findings lead to positive social change?
Provide a representative list of scholarship and findings that support and clarify the main assertions in the problem statement, highlighting their relationship to the topic—for example, “this variable was studied with a similar sample by Smith (2013) and Johnson (2014)” or “Jones’s (2012) examination of campus leaders showed similar trends.” Some of these resources may have already been mentioned in the first sections of the prospectus and can be included here, also. Citations provided within the prospectus document should include approximately 15 recent (within the past 5 years) peer-reviewed journal sources, presented in APA 6th-edition format, as well as any evidence provided to support the existence of the local problem.
List the question or a series of related questions (i.e., 1–3 maximum) that are informed by the study problem and purpose, which will lead to the development of what needs to be done in this study and how it will be accomplished.
Possible Types and Sources of Information or Data
Provide a list of possible types and sources of data that could be used to address the proposed research question(s), such as test scores from college students, employee surveys, observations of a phenomenon, interviews with practitioners, historical documents from state records, deidentified school records, or information from a federal database.
Offer some possible ways to organize and analyze the results obtained by the research strategies detailed previously. Your analysis may be generated by using quantitative, qualitative, or other types of formal analysis process. Please use the information from your research courses to aid you in completing this section. The key to this section is to match your possible analysis to the research questions and the data that you may obtain.
Other Information (Optional)
Include any other relevant information, such as challenges or barriers that may need to be addressed when conducting this study. You may provide any concerns related to feasibility or potential risks and burdens placed on research participants under this heading.
Section 3: Write a 2 to 3-paragraph reflective summary regarding how your philosophy of education influenced you to select your possible study topic and how this process may influence your future practice.
Section 4: APA Reference List. Be sure to identify the references by the section in which they are used, i.e., Section 1 references, Section 2 references, and Section 3 references.
Submit this Assignment Day 7 of Week 10.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “MD6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Module 6 Assignment link.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “MD6Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Module 6 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Module 6 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7 of Week 10
To submit your Assignment: