1. Clinical Field Experience B: Response to Intervention or Multi-Tiered System of Support
Allocate at least 7 hours in the field to complete this assignment.
Observe an early childhood classroom that includes children with exceptionalities, paying attention to Response to Intervention (RTI) or Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) preparation and procedures. Many times RTI in early childhood is done outside of the classroom environment, so observing an inclusive or resource room is acceptable. Additionally, interview the early childhood classroom teacher about his or her RTI or MTSS preparation and procedures.
Your interview should address the following questions:
· Who are the key stakeholders in a RTI or MTSS meeting? What is the role of each individual?
· How do you document assessment results and other data specific to RTI or MTSS? What does your data collection process entail?
· How is your RTI or MTSS system organized?
· How are the assessment results and other data used to develop behavioral and academic interventions? How do you identify and select the interventions? How do you provide support to teachers?
· What are the legal implications of the RTI or MTSS process?
· How can data collection be used to form a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) for a student who is having behavior issues?
· What collaborative communities have been provided at the site and also to help support the families?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your interview and explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
With any remaining hours, spend time observing different classrooms with the focus on RTI and interventions.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
2. Response to Intervention Graphic Organizer
Early childhood teachers will have students with a variety of skill levels and behavior needs in the classroom. The data teachers gather from observations and other assessments of the children will allow them to classify these characteristics using RTI or MTSS so that the teacher can best meet each child’s individual learning needs.
Design a graphic organizer depicting the three tiers of RTI. Within each tier, use research to identify and briefly describe five examples of academic interventions and five examples of behavior interventions that align to that tier (for a total of 30 interventions).
In 250 words, reflect upon the evolution of interventions throughout the RTI tiers. How do you motivate these learners to learn and grow? Be sure to explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
Submit the Response to Intervention Graphic Organizer and Response to Intervention reflection as one submission.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.