Week 2 – Assignment MGT440: The Dark Side of Leadership (BIG2040A) ASHFORD UNIVERSITY
Character Development and the Faces of Evil
[WLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapters 3 and 4 of your Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership: Casting Light or Shadow course text.
This week we explored the concepts of ethical character development and the most dangerous of shadow casters: evil. In this assignment, you will explore these two concepts in depth.
In your paper,
- Describe your thoughts about character development
- Explain the benefits of character development by learning from hardship.
- Explain the five perspectives of evil and your thoughts about them.
- Summarize ways to break the cycle of evil.
- Analyze an unethical leader.
- Discuss in first person the ways you can use this lesson in the real-world.
The Character Development and the Faces of Evil paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly , peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial (Links to an external site.).
Top of Form
This tool needs to be loaded in a new browser window
Load Week 2 – Assignment in a new window
Bottom of Form
The following content is partner provided.