Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please review this Sample Final Paper GEN499 for additional guidance on the expectations of this assignment.
The topic of your essay needs to be a global societal problem from the following list:
· International drug trafficking
Reflect: Based on the topic that you have chosen, you will need to use critical thinking skills to thoroughly understand how this topic can be a global societal problem and determine some logical solutions to the problem.
Write: This Final Paper, an argumentative essay, will present research relating the critical thinker to the modern, globalized world. In this assignment, you need to address the items below in separate sections with new headings for each.
In your paper,
· Identify the global societal problem within the introductory paragraph.
o Conclude with a thesis statement that states your proposed solutions to the problem. (For guidance on how to construct a good introduction paragraph, please review the Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) from the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).)
· Describe background information on how that problem developed or came into existence.
o Show why this is a societal problem.
o Provide perspectives from multiple disciplines or populations so that you fully represent what different parts of society have to say about this issue.
· Construct an argument supporting your proposed solutions, considering multiple disciplines or populations so that your solution shows that multiple parts of society will benefit from this solution.
o Provide evidence from multiple scholarly sources as evidence that your proposed solution is viable.
· Interpret statistical data from at least three peer-reviewed scholarly sources within your argument.
o Discuss the validity, reliability, and any biases.
o Identify the strengths and weaknesses of these sources, pointing out limitations of current research and attempting to indicate areas for future research. (You may even use visual representations such as graphs or charts to explain statistics from sources.)
· Evaluate the ethical outcomes that result from your solution.