Week 5 Discussions and Required Resources
Two-part assignment: All parts must be at least 200 words unless otherwise noted. Please read all attachments and follow ALL instructions.
Part 1: MRP Inventory & Customer Service
Explain how MRP can decrease a company’s inventory while improving its customer service level. Include a real-life example. Your initial post should be 200 words.
Part 2: Forecasting Methods
Describe the perpetual and the periodic inventory systems. How are they different? Are there circumstances in which one system is better than the other? Include real-life examples. Your initial post should be 200 words.
NOTE: Be sure to have a well-developed paragraph for all required work (posting & responses). A well-developed paragraph contains 5-7 sentences for each paragraph created.
1. Business is a social science.
2. A well developed paragraph is 5-7 sentences.
3. Use third person voice instead of first person voice.
4. You must use a thesis statement when writing your assignments.
5. Use a variety of transitions to help the flow of the paragraphs
6. Check out the PIE structure of your paragraphs mentioned in the writing center.
7. There are two types of in-text citations that you should be using: a. parenthetical and b. signal phrase
- Chapter 9: Planning for Material and Resource Requirements
- Chapter 10: Inventory Management
July, E. (Producer) & Rodrigo, J. M. (Director). (2003). Business is blooming: The international floral industry (Links to an external site.) [Video file]. Retrieved from the Films On Demand database.
Watch the following segments:
- Night Delivery System – https://fod.infobase.com/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=34961#
- Security in Flower Transportation – https://fod.infobase.com/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=34961#
- Transporting Fresh Flowers – https://fod.infobase.com/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=34961#
SAP. (2013). SAP business management software solutions [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.sap.com/demos/mmov/presentation_2.htm?swf_Location=MMOV_Player_1_14.swf&xml_Location=MMOV_B1_MM1.xml&swf_height=450&swf_width=660