Review the following lectures:
Assessing the Potential Marketability of a Healthcare Organization
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
In this week, you explored the next steps involved in the strategic planning process. Specifically, you examined the general marketing mix and the more contemporary healthcare marketing mix. Likewise, you learned about the various strategies present in healthcare marketing.
In this assignment, you will conclude the potential marketability of a healthcare organization on the basis of your findings after evaluating each of the organization’s marketing mix (both general and healthcare). This will require you to research two healthcare organizations in a similar geographic location.
You will have the flexibility to select any two healthcare organizations, which offer similar services and serve the same geographic location.
For example, you may be interested to research two acute care hospitals (a type of service) in Savannah, Georgia (location). In this example, you would need to research two existing acute care hospitals in Savannah, Georgia, and complete the marketing mix assessment for each.
Please review the following and use specific information from these resources, your course resource, and additional research to address the tasks posed below:
- United States Census 2010. (n.d.). Interactive population map. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/2010census/popmap/
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/
- Medicare.gov. (n.d.). Find & compare doctors, hospitals, & other providers. Retrieved from https://www.medicare.gov/forms-help-and-resources/find-doctors-hospitals-and-facilities/quality-care-finder.html
- Select a type of healthcare service (acute care, rural health clinic, long-term care, and home healthcare) and a location (city/state) that interests you.
- Provide an overview of the two healthcare organizations and location you selected.
- Discuss the four Ps of marketing for each organization you selected (product, price, promotion, and place).
- Discuss the five Ps of healthcare marketing for each organization you selected (physicians, patients, payers, the public, and the presence of politics).
- On the basis of your findings, discuss which organization has the most marketing potential.
- Discuss the most appropriate growth strategy for the selected organization. (Should the organization expand its existing services to a new market or offer new services to the existing market?)
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Present your response in a 6- to 8-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.