“Institutions Case Study Instructions
Choose two democratic foreign nations with differing governmental institutions and answer the following questions in a 4 page case study 1000 words, not including the title page and bibliography):
- How is each nation’s legislature, executive, and high court/judicial system structured (presidential vs. parliamentary executive, bicameral vs. unicameral legislature, adversarial vs. inquisitorial judicial system, etc.)? How does each institution function?
- How is power divided within or between each institution? What kinds of powers does each institution have within the nation’s governmental structure?
- How are the members of each institution elected and/or appointed? How much influence does public opinion/vote have on each institution?
- Include a title page in current Turabian format.
- Font should be double-spaced, Times New Roman, size 12. All margins should be 1”
- Use current Turabian Author-Date style for all citations (i.e. parenthetical citation only—no footnotes). Paper must include a properly formatted bibliography in current Turabian Author-Date style.
- Paper should be between 1000 words 4 pages), not including the title page and bibliography.
- Page numbers should be included in the upper right-hand corner.
- In addition to referencing the textbook and Scripture, paper must include 2-3 secondary sources to justify the student’s argument and/or conclusions.