It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the range of 250-300 words. Response posts must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers. This is not the only criteria utilized for evaluation; substantive content is imperative. All questions in the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. Do not upload any attachments. All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citation and reference must adhere to APA format (
A 43-y.o. female presents with the complaint of weight gain and fatigue over the past 4 mo. She states that she is always cold and just can’t get warm. She states that she is sleeping really well through the night but does not wake feeling refreshed. She denies shortness of breath, chest pain, or dyspnea on exertion.
- What additional questions should you ask the patient and why?
- What should be included in the physical examination at this visit?
- What are the possible differential diagnoses at this time?
- What tests should you order and why?
- How should this patient be managed?