Breathing, Heart, and Lungs
\]An anxious patient is having rapid and shallow breathing. After a few moments, he complains of a tingling sensation.
- What could be the causes of this tingling sensation?
- What are the various patterns of respiration and their significance?
- Ethnicity and culture influence risk factors for heart disease. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What is the technique of percussion and palpation of the chest wall for tenderness, symmetry, bulges, fremitus, and thoracic expansion? Explain.
- Would you anticipate hearing hyper-resonance on a patient with a history of tobacco use? Why or why not?
- What are the mechanics of breathing with reference to lung borders and the anatomical structure of the lungs and diaphragm?
Citations should conform to APA guidelines. You may use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources or connect to the APA Style website through the APA icon below.